Click on photo to enlarge image
Corrosion Protection For Railways And Transportation
Snow and rain mixed with road salt subject all electrical and close tolerance mechanical assemblies such as bearings, actuators, airline connections and high voltage mating jumpers on trains and trucks to extreme conditions. The failure of any of these components present potential dangers to equipment and passengers.
- SuperCORR Alubricates and protects switches in the most hostile environments which are likely to be experienced in the transportation industry.
- Unexcelled in preventing deterioration and contamination on all surfaces of electronic and electrical equipment and mechanical close tolerance moving components.
- Designed to protect and lubricate connectors, terminations and electrical bonds and grounds, relays, fittings, circuit boards, computers, from moisture, general and fretting corrosion, surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems. Other areas of application include Passenger Master Control Panels, fuel shut-off valves LRUs – jack screws, tracks, actuators, hydraulic line B-nuts, interior and exterior light sockets and any exposed metal surfaces.
- Eliminate premature failure of components created by moisture, general or fretting corrosion. Reliability is increased maintenance intervals increased and costs reduced and manufacturers can save costly warranty service calls or product re-calls.
- LEFT : Badly rusted Control Switch untreated:
Electrical failure after 100 hours salt spray.
- RIGHT : Switch treated with SuperCORR A:
Electrical failure after 1400 hours salt spray.
The tests shown were carried out under controlled conditions in a hot salt spray which accelerates the results, full test details here.
It is clear that the use of SuperCORR A in regular maintenance procedures can bring financial savings in reduced maintenance and replacement costs and more importantly greater safety.
- SuperCORR A is used by Amtrak
- Amtrak tested SuperCORR A and reported an impressive improvement in the mating of 480V car jumpers with excellent protection for connector pins and lugs with no corrosion, overheating or electrical pitting over six months. Preventive maintenance from one can has all but eliminated failures of lubrication and reduced maintenance costs on demanding passenger trains.