Lubricant And Corrosion
Formulated without sulphates, chlorides or other halogens.
SuperCORR-A Lubricates And Protects
- SuperCORR-A is an inert, non-flammable, hydrophobic, ultra-thin film lubricant and corrosion prevention compound. It is a “self healing” ultra-thin film coating that lubricates and protects metals, motors, avionic, electrical and electronic components from moisture, salts, chlorides, acids, and oxidation.
- SuperCORR-A is unexcelled in preventing corrosion and contamination on all surfaces in mechanical close tolerance slow moving components, electrical and electronic equipment, used in humid conditions or exposed to salt water. Can be used on any metal surfaces to prevent galvanic and fretting corrosion as well as other types of corrosion including uniform, pitting and microbial corrosion.
- SuperCORR-A forms a super thin (approximately 7 microns), hydrophobic, non-flammable lubricant film with anti-corrosion properties. Compliant with U.S. EPA regulations, the European Union RoHS Directives and meets MIL-DTL-87177B (Revised MIL-L-87177A) specifications.
SuperCORR-A is a non-conductive, non-flammable, hydrophobic, ultra-thin film lubricant and corrosion preventive compound. It is a “self healing” ultra-thin coating that lubricates and protects metals, motors, electrical and electronic components from moisture, salts, chlorides, acids, and oxidation.
SuperCORR-A has the following unique combination of properties:
- Displaces both fresh and salt water moisture
- Non-conductive, Non-toxic, Non-flammable and Non-hazardous
- Has a decomposition temperature of 550°F
- Will not freeze or harden, retains properties even in high altitude applications
- Is extremely resistant to air-drying
- Self healing
- Does not attract contaminants
- Is inert and will not increase or decrease contact resistance
- Eliminates surface static electricity, Corona and other electro migration problems in electronic circuit boards and connectors
- Protects against wear, moisture, general and fretting corrosion
- Non-reactive to most plastics
- Forms an airtight seal preventing damage to electronics and other surfaces caused by exposure to acid gases such as Sulfur dioxide (SO2), Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), Hydrogen Sulfide (H2 S), Ammonia (NH3 ), Chlorine based gases (CL12), and the thermal decomposition by product of HFC-227ea used in fire suppression systems, Hydrogen Fluoride (HF)
NOTE: SuperCORR-A is to be applied as a preventative measure and will not remove corrosion from an already corroded component or substrate.
Corrosion Protection For A Range Of Industries
- Will eliminate premature failure of components created by moisture, general or fretting corrosion. Reliability is increased and manufacturers can save costly warranty service calls or product re-call
- Designed to protect and lubricate connectors, terminations and electrical bonds and grounds, relays, fittings, circuit boards, computers, and all forms of avionics
- Use anywhere dissimilar metals may come in contact
- Electronic circuitry, connectors and components, computers, electrical motors, relays and terminals, Avionics, storage batteries and any exposed metal surfaces
- Eliminates electrical resistance failures caused by general and fretting corrosion and to lubricate connectors, nano, micro, and conventional electrical switches, terminal blocks and Busbars, electrical bonds and grounds, relays and switching systems, multi-pin cable connectors, interior and exterior light sockets, plugs, connectors, jacks, and receptacles, as well as electronic printed circuits and microminiature circuits
- Will also protect electrical motors, electronics and switches against surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems and uses a very fast evaporating nontoxic and environmentally acceptable carrier fluid that is non-reactive to most plastics
- Can be applied using our 16 ounce, 12 ounce net, aerosol can with or with out the provided extension tube provided used for pin point accuracy or for those hard to reach areas. Shake aerosol cans before using.
- Can also be applied using a brush, sponge, or by dipping a component or part into a container of SuperCORR-A. Stir bulk material while applying and cover container when not in use to prevent solvent from evaporating.
- This product can be applied during preventative maintenance inspections, or when a new component is installed. Shake or mix while applying, depending if aerosol or bulk is being used. Use extension nozzles provided with aerosol cans to access hard to reach areas.
- Components should be free of oils, flux and other surface contaminants prior to application of SuperCORR-A. It is recommended that a high-purity contact cleaner that cleans, dries and leaves no residue be used to remove soils. If, after the component is properly cleaned, there is visual evidence of corrosion damage, it may be necessary to replace the component as SuperCORR-A is not designed to remove corrosion. It will clean and revitalize an intermittent connector but cannot replace damaged areas.
- SuperCORR-A is not designed to remove corrosion. It will clean and revitalise an intermittent connector but cannot replace damaged areas
- For Aerosol applications apply material for a uniform coverage of the component from a distance of 8 to 12 inches (20 to 30 cms), including pins and receptacles. Over sprays can be removed with a precision cleaning solvent compatible with the component substrate or part being cleaned. Two applications (coats) 30 seconds apart can be applied if required. Re-application should be performed as needed
SuperCORR-A is non-reactive to most plastics, however, do not use on Styrene or Polystyrene. Mask clear plastic surfaces (windows, ports, etc) before applying to prevent possible fogging or cracking caused by the solvent carrier.
- 16 oz, (12 oz net), aerosol cans (12 per case)
- 1 and 5 gallon cans
- SuperCORR-A is qualified to MIL-DTL-87177B (revised MIL-L-87177A), Lubricants, Water Displacing, Synthetic: Type I, Grade B (Aerosols).
- Uses a very fast evaporating nontoxic and environmentally acceptable carrier fluid that is non-reactive to most plastics.
- A non-flammable ultra thin film lubricant with anti-corrosion properties that when applied forms a “self healing” non-hardening or cracking coating that is approximately 7 microns in thickness thick that is inert and will not increase or decrease contact resistance.
- Manufactured in both aerosol cans (CO2 propellant) and in bulk. It can be sprayed, sponged, brushed, poured or a component can be dipped into SuperCORR-A.
- Used as part of maintenance of switches, relays and connectors on site to lubricate and protect contacts to reduce failures caused by poor connections.
- SuperCORR-A is a proprietary water displacing and anti-corrosive compound that provides a superior lubrication coefficient and protect components against general and fretting corrosion, surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems.
Military standards and industry approvals:
- SuperCORR-A is approved by and being used today on commercial aircraft including Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, de Havilland, Bell helicopters, Bombardier, Lear, Gulfstream, Hawker-Beechcraft, Cessna, and Northrop-Grumman to name but a few.
- Approved by and is being used today by companies including the Elbit Systems, IAI, BAE Systems, Honeywell, General Electric Gas Turbines, and Raytheon Systems and many others
- Used by numerous rail road companies, pulp and paper mills, waste water treatment plants, landfills, coal fired plants, fertilizer plants, PVC chemical plants, petroleum refineries, salt water environments, electric golf cart recharging connectors, and numerous other industries to prevent corrosion and rust
- Conforms to MIL-DTL-87177B (revised MIL-L-87177A) Type I, Grade B “Lubricants, Corrosion Prevention Compound, Water Displacing, Synthetic” and exceeds Mil-C-81309 Corrosion Prevention Compounds
- Approved by the U.S. DoD and being used today on U.S. Military Aircraft including the F-16, F-15, F-35, KC-46, and the F-18 as well as all helicopters
- Approved by and being used today by Polish Air Force, the Royal Navy, the Hellenic Navy, the Royal Norwegian Air Force, and the Belgian Defense Forces, to prevent corrosion from causing avionic, electronics, and electrical systems and components failures
We can provide you with a Material Safety Data Sheet, independent laboratory reports, product samples or technical assistance. For more information or advice please contact us by telephone on 1-912-399-1559 or use our contact form.
Share this page: