Corr-eX RC-3 Rust Inhibitor
- RC-3 is an environmentally friendly water-based product that converts rust, Iron Oxide (Fe2 and FeO3), to an inert material. RC-3 does not contain barium or other any other hazardous compounds and is of course non-flammable. RC-3 can be applied by spraying, brushed on, or dipped. With out the acrylic polymer RC-3 is a 98.5% an organic product.
- After the RC-3 converts the iron oxide to an inert material it seals the area and the corrosion preventive compounds in RC-3 prevents any further rusting. The acrylic polymer in RC-3 is sufficient to be a primer and can be tinted to closely match the existing paint making RC-3 in most cases a one stop product that the customer may or may not wish to apply a top coat of paint.
Corr-eX RC-3 has the following unique combination of properties:
- A water-based and environmentally friendly product that does not contain barium or other hazardous compounds
- Treats and coats metals against harsh environments
- Converts iron oxide (rust) into an inert base metal depositing and acrylic polymer ready for a top coat of paint for superior protection
- Easily used to protect large metal surfaces where spray application is possible
- Ready to use – No mixing required
- RC-3 works with ferrous metals including Carbon Steel, Low Carbon Steel (also known as mild steel), Medium-carbon Steel, High-carbon Steel, Tool Steel, Stainless Steel, Cast Iron, and Wrought Iron
- Easy clean up, use soapy water to wash hands and clean rollers, brushes and sprayers
- Environmentally friendly
A Rust Inhibitor For A Range Of Industries
- Ready to use as is with no mixing required RC-3 can be sprayed, rolled or brushed on. RC-3 cures in 2 to 4 hours
- With minimal prep, brush off loose or flaking rust and remove grease and dirt, RC-3 easily converts rust to a primed, paintable surface in 2 to 4 hours
- RC-3 won’t weaken the underlying metal or irritate the skin
- RC-3 is finished working when the areas of rust turn black
- Unlike competing products with high acid contents, RC-3 stops working when the Iron Oxide is inert, the metal remains unaffected
- Don’t worry about over spray, won’t harm fiberglass, rubber or painted surfaces. So safe, does not require protective clothing
- Apply RC-3 to steel, iron, or chrome to convert rust to a primed, paintable surface
- The steel surface is completely cured when area treated turns black and is dry to the touch. Once completely dry, area is ready for painting. Use when temperature is between 40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- RC-3 should not be applied when metal is hot to the touch. If immediate application is require wet down surface prior to applying
Use soapy water to wash hands and clean rollers, brushes and sprayers.
We can provide you with a Material Safety Data Sheet, independent laboratory reports, product samples or technical assistance. For more information or advice please contact us by telephone on 1-912-399-1559 or use our contact form.
Share this page: