Corr-eX RC-3 Rust Inhibitor
- CORR-EX RC-3 is an environmentally friendly water-based product that converts rust, Iron Oxide (Fe2 and FeO3), to an inert material. CORR-EX RC-3 does not contain barium or other any other hazardous compounds and is of course non-flammable.
- When cured CORR-EX RC-3 protects the underlying metal surface from any further rust and can be painted over. RC-3 is completely cured when the surface area treated with CORR-EX RC-3 turns grey or black and the surface is dry to the touch, in 2 to 4 hours. Once completely dry, the area is ready for painting if desired.
- CORR-EX RC-3 can be applied by spraying, brushed on, or dipped.
- Photo: Both ends of steel bar coated in CORR-EX RC-3 but not the center. Exposed to salt water atmosphere environment for 3 weeks.
Corr-eX RC-3 has the following unique combination of benefits:
- Environmentally Friendly and water-based, contains no barium or other hazardous compounds
- Treats and coats metals against harsh elements
- Converts iron oxide (rust) into an inert base metal ready for a top coat of paint for superior protection
- Easily used to protect large metal surfaces where spray application is possible
- Ready to use. No mixing required
- RC-3 is an environmentally friendly water-based product that converts rust, Iron Oxide (Fe2 and FeO3), to an inert material.
- RC-3 works on ferrous metals including Carbon Steel, Low Carbon Steel (also known as mild steel), Medium-carbon Steel, High-carbon Steel, Tool Steel, Stainless Steel, Cast Iron, and Wrought Iron. RC-3 can be painted over when cured. There is one caveat when using RC-3 and that is the base metal must be present.
- After the RC-3 converts the iron oxide to an inert material it seals the rusted or corroded area and the corrosion preventive compounds in RC-3 prevents any further rusting. RC-3 can be painted over after it is cured.
- Does not require protective clothing.
With minimal preparation, i.e., brush off loose or flaking rust and remove grease and dirt, RC-3 easily converts rust to a primed and paintable surface in 2-4 hours. RC-3 can be applied by spraying, brushed on, or dipped. RC-3 is finished working when the areas of rust turn black. Unlike competing products with high acid contents, RC-3 stops working when the Iron Oxide is inert, the metal remains unaffected. RC-3 won’t weaken the underlying metal. Don’t worry about over spray, won’t harm fiberglass, rubber or painted surfaces.
Apply RC-3 to steel, iron, or chrome to convert rust to a primed and paintable surface. Ready to use as is with no mixing required, RC-3 can be sprayed, rolled or brushed on. RC-3 cures in 2 to 4 hours. Use RC-3 when the surface temperature of the metal is between 4.4̊ C and 60̊. RC-3 should not be applied when metal is “hot” to the touch. If immediate application is require wet down surface prior to applying The steel surface is completely cured when area treated turns black and is dry to the touch. Once completely dry, area is ready for painting if desired.
Clean Up :
Use soapy water to wash hands and clean rollers, brushes and sprayers.
RC-3 comes ready to use, no mixing required, and is easy to clean up, use soapy water to wash hands and clean rollers, brushes and sprayers. Shelf life is 2 years.
|Melting Point/Melting range:||Undetermined|
|Boiling Point:||100 °C (212 °F)|
|Flash Point:||Not applicable|
|Flammability (solid, gaseous):||Not applicable|
|Ignition Temperature:||Not applicable|
|Decomposition Temperature:||Not determined.|
|Auto Igniting:||Product is not self-igniting.|
|Danger of explosion:||Product does not present an explosion hazard.|
|Explosion limits - Lower:||Not applicable|
|Explosion limits – Higher:||Not applicable|
|Vapor Pressure:||Not determined|
|Density at 20 °C (68 °F):||8.51 lbs per gallon|
|Relative Density:||Not determined|
|Vapor Density:||Not determined|
|Evaporation Rate:||Not determined|
|Solubility In / Miscibility With Water:||Not applicable|
|Viscosity, Dynamic:||Not determined|
|Viscosity, Kinematic:||Not determined|
We can provide you with a Material Safety Data Sheet, independent laboratory reports, product samples or technical assistance. For more information or advice please contact us by telephone on 1-912-399-1559 or use our contact form.
Share this page: